How to make Khoya
- 1 cup fresh Mawa
- 7-8 Rasgullas
- 4 tablespoons Caster sugar
- 2-3 drops of Rose water
- A few Saffron strands
- Pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Take the rasgullas and cut them into two pieces each. Leave them in their sugar syrup.
- In the meantime, take the mawa in a clean bowl and mix it with the sugar and rose water. Knead this mixture till it is very smooth. Keep aside.Divide into two parts and add saffron strands to one to make it yellowish in colour.
- Now, squeeze the rasgullas and drain the excess sugar syrup. Using your fingers flatten these rasgullas into oval shapes.
- Make a smooth layer of the saffron coloured mawa on top of the rasgullas with a flat spatula. Put the white mawa in a piping bag and pipe out a border on top decoratively as in the picture.
- Refrigerate this dish for 1-2 hours in the fridge before serving.
- Serve cold with a garnish of pomegranate seeds.