Shahi Gulkand-Gajar Halwa
A similar winter bliss is our customary "Carrot Pudding" (Gajar Halwa) that every Mom cooks as soon as carrot arrives in the market.I have taken this dessert to a level up by bringing a distinct royal flavor as well as look to it.I am sure once you try this you gonna like it more than your regular one.
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time20Minutes
- 500 gm Grated Carrot
- 1 litre Full fat Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Jaggery powder
- 5 tablespoons Clarified Butter
- 2 tablespoon Almond chopped
- 1 tablespoon Raisin
- 2 tablespoons Gulkand
- 2 tsps Rose water
- Blanched pistachios for garnish
- Take a heavy-bottomed steel pan and add 4 tbsp ghee.Put on low flame and add the grated carrot as soon as ghee melts.Fry the carrot for few minutes until it soft and most of it's water evaporates.But it should be little moist.
- Add full fat milk at this stage. Cook this mixture on a slow flame till it thickens and almost half in quantity.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.cook for a minute and add jaggery powder.Mix well and cook until it thickens well.
- When almost done , add gulkand, raisin and 1 tbsp melted ghee and cook for another 2 min.Stir chopped almond and switch off the flame.sprinkle rose water and stir it once. Your Shahi halwa is ready .Garnish with pistachio and serve warm.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.