How To Make Garlic and Herbs Pull Apart Bread
Delicious bread with herbs hiding betweeen generously buttered layers of dough. Pull apart the sections and enjoy with your favourite soup.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time3Hours
Ingredients to make Garlic and Herbs Pull Apart Bread
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs of choice or Italian dry herbs
- 8 – 10 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup warm water plus more if needed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8-10 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
Steps to make Garlic and Herbs Pull Apart Bread
- Dissolve sugar in warm water and add yeast. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Add milk and olive oil to this mixture.
- Whisk together first three ingredients, 1 teaspoon herb mix and half of the minced garlic.
- Knead dough by adding liquid ingredients. Knead for about 6-8 minutes till dough becomes soft and elastic. Add more water if needed. Dough should be really soft but not sticky.
- Shape into a ball and transfer it into a greased bowl. Turn around so that it is evenly coated with oil. Cover and keep in a warm place for 1 hour or until double.
- Punch dough and transfer it to a floured counter. Roll out into a rectangle of about 12 x 20 inches. Generously brush with 3 tablespoons of butter, sprinkle cheese, remaining herbs and garlic.
- Cut into six equal strips, layering one on top of the other. Cut the strips into six equal stacks. Transfer the stacks into a generously greased 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan.
- Cover loosely with a kitchen towel and keep in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until double.
- Drizzle with the remaining butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Tent with a foil if the top is browning too fast. Remove from oven after 10 minutes. Cool in the rack. Serve warm.
My Tip: When cutting the strips, ensure they fit into your bread pan. Otherwise cut according to the size of your pan.