How To Make Buff Vada - Nariyal Ki Kachori
Potato patties stuffed with fresh coconut, cashew and fresh herbs.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Buff Vada - Nariyal Ki Kachori
- 4 - medium Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 4 tbsp - Arrowroot / Corn Flour / Tapkir
- 1/2 cup - Fresh Coconut Grated
- 1/3 cup - Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 - Green Chillies / Hari Mirch minced
- 1.5 tsp - Ginger / Adrak Paste
- 3 tbsp - Cashew Nuts / Kaju chopped
- 2 tbsp - Peanuts / Moongphal
- 1 tbsp - Raisins / Kishmish chopped
- 1.5 tbsp - Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1.5 tsp - Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
Steps to make Buff Vada - Nariyal Ki Kachori
- Peel the boiled potato, mash it properly. Add arrowroot, salt, 1/2 tsp cumin,1 tsp oil in the mashed potato and mix it well.
- In a bowl add fresh coconut, coriander, green chili, ginger, lemon juice , sugar, cashew, peanuts, raisins, salt and mix well.
- Make medium sized balls from the potato mixture, flatten it by pressing it with your finger tips and put about 1.5 tbsp of coconut mixture in the center.
- Close from all the sides & dust lightly in arrowroot powder or cornflour. Heat oil in a fry pan to fry these balls on medium heat.
- When the buff vada becomes golden from all the sides then remove and place on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or fruity mint chutney.
My Tip: Instead of deep frying you can shape it as a cutlet and shallow fry in a little oil and bake in an oven.