Til Gur ki chikki
Winter delight It is very nutritious because of the combination of sesame(Til) seeds and jaggery(Gur), both of which are good sources of iron. It is brittle in texture , easy to make and of-course yummy in taste. Enjoy
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
- About a cup of jaggery(Gur)
- 11/4 cup of sesame seed
- sharp knife or pizza cutter
- 1 parchment paper /butter paper / or greased plate.
- 1 rolling pin
- Heat a pan. Add sesame seeds. Roast the seeds for few minutes on medium gas until it become light brown in color. (Don't over roast the seeds until they can become bitter in taste.)
- Now take seeds in the plate. Use same pan , add 11/2 tbsp ghee. Add jaggery pieces. Once the jaggery pieces start melting, stir it with the pan.
- When it completely melt then cook it for 2-3 minutes and stir continuously.
- Now add Sesame seeds and mix well. Turn off the gas
- Now take butter paper or parchment paper or any plate or tray. Grease it with ghee. Spread it evenly.(Make sure mixture is hot, cool mixture wont be spread easily)
- Now take rolling pin, grease it with ghee and then start rolling , roll it as much as you can.
- Cut the spread mixture into square shape or any desired shape with knife or pizza cutter.
- Let the chiki is cool down . Now pick the chikis with the help of knife and keep it in the plate. Enjoy healthy and delicious chiki
My Tip: 1) The mixture should be hot during rolling and cutting. 2) When you add sesame in jaggery , and find that jaggery is more than you can add sesame more.