Methi Bajra Poori
- Bajra atta/Millet flour-1.5 cup
- Wheat flour /atta -4 tbsp
- Fresh fenugreek/methi-1 cup
- Boiled Mashed potatoes-3/4 cup
- Yoghurt /dahi -3 tbsp
- Asafoetida /hing -1/4 tsp
- Chili powder-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds /jeera -1/2 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Soda bi carb- a pinch
- Refined oil - to fry
- Wash and chop the fenugreek leaves and mash the boiled potatoes.
- Take a big bowl, add in the bajra flour and the rest of the ingredients except the oil.
- Mix and mash well, then pour some warm water (little at a time) and make a medium soft dough. Knead well for 4-5 minutes (make this dough only when you are ready to fry them).
- Make small dough balls, dust with wheat flour and roll to make medium thick pooris/discs.
- Heat oil and deep fry these pooris on medium heat till they turn golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.
My Tip: 1-If you want to avoid fried food then can make roti or parathas with this dough. 2-This is best served alongside potato curry, buttermilk and pickle.