How To Make Bread vol-au-vent
Bread 'vol-au-vents' are grilled bread discs stuffed with veggies and cheese of one’s choice.These are instant snacks and are liked by all. You can make variations in stuffing as per choice.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Bread vol-au-vent
- 4 - bread slices
- butter - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Round cookie cutter or katori of 2 sizes
- For the filling:
- Cheese slice or grated cheese - 1 to 2 cubes
- Chopped tomatoes - 1 to 2
- Chopped capsicum - 1
- Chopped corriander as required
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper powder as per taste
- chilli flakes - 1 to 2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup as per taste
Steps to make Bread vol-au-vent
- 1. Cut two equal rounds from the bread slices.
- 2. From one round cut another round in center with a cookie cutter or a katori.
- 3. Apply butter on the full round bread slice and roast on griddle till brown.
- 4. Similarly roast the other piece with a hole in centre.
- 5. Now place one slice of round bread and apply little butter or ketchup and second bread with hole in center over it.
- 6. Make the filling by tossing all ingredients except ketchup.
- 7.Fill it in the bread cavity prepared with bread slices.
- 8. And grill for 3 - 4 minutes till the cheese melts.
- Enjoy with ketchup or sauces of choice.
My Tip: You can use the leftover veggies to fill it and top it with cheese and grill.