Healthy Masala Scrambled Eggs
- Egg white - of 3 eggs
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped capsicum - 2 tbsp
- Chopped Spinach - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Green Chutney - 2 tsp (*See tips)
- Crushed black pepper - to taste
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites, green chutney, turmeric powder, pepper and salt to taste till its fluffy.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add milk to the egg mixture and give it a stir.
- Pour this into the pan and sprinkle the capsicum and spinach. Quickly stir to scramble up the mixture before it becomes an omelette.
- Reduce heat and cover with a lid, cook it for 2-3 minutes. Remove the lid and check if the scramble is quite dry.
- Do no overcook it. Stir once more and remove before it becomes too dehydrated.
- Serve warm with toast or as desired.
My Tip: To prepare the green chutney - you can make a simple paste of coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies and salt.