How To Make Hara bhara - soya kebabs
These patties are so versatile, they can be used in burgers, wraps for kids in school lunch box, mini sliders in a party or potluck, mix it with wheat flour while making the dough to make parathas and serve it with curd. You can make them in the 'APPE' pan too
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time35mins
Ingredients to make Hara bhara - soya kebabs
- 1 bunch - spinach (chopped)
- 1 cup - soya chunks or granules (boiled)
- 1 - potato/boiled
- Coriander Leaves - 1/2 Cup
- 1 - green chili
- 1 - garlic pod
- 1/2 tbp - turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp - dry mango powder / aam chur / chat masala
- 2-4 tbsp - corn starch
- 1/2 cup - bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp - oil
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Hara bhara - soya kebabs
- Boil the soya chunks for few minutes. Strain it and squeeze out all the water. Add it in a food processor and pulse till it looks like granules. (Skip this part if you are using Soya granules)
- In a pan add some oil, add in garlic& let it sit for 10 minutes on a very low flame till the garlic turns light golden.
- Add in the chopped spinach and turmeric powder.(Turmeric powder enhances the green color).
- Add in coriander and green chili. Cook the greens until the water has completely evaporated.
- Cool for sometime. Add the cooked garlic and spinach in a blender and make a fine paste.
- In a bowl add in the soya granules, garlic and spinach paste, boiled and mashed potato, all seasonings and 1 tbsp of corn starch
- Mix it properly and make small ball and flatten them slightly.
- Mix the bread crumbs and remaining corn starch. Roll the patties in it, coat it properly.
- Heat and grease a non-stick pan with some oil and cook all the patties till they turn golden brown in color from both the sides.
- Serve it hot with tomato ketchup or chutney.