How To Make Pizza and Pasta Sauce
This is a versatile sauce which can be used for pizza and pasta alike. It is simple and easy to make.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time50mins
Ingredients to make Pizza and Pasta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- cup of onion chopped
- 1/2 cup of celery chopped
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon of grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 small bayleaf
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoon of tomato ketchup (optional)
- salt to taste
Steps to make Pizza and Pasta Sauce
- In a large skillet, melt butter with oil. Add the onion and celery. Saute until soft and transparent. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer. Simmer for 30-60 minutes (or not at all depending on your taste and time frame).
- Remove the bayleaf and use as required. Store in refrigerator in an air-tight container.
My Tip: It is versatile and can be used for both pasta and pizza. You can strain it to achieve smoother look but I prefer not to. It stores well in refrigerator for upto 3 months.