How To Make Bread Pudding
One of my favourite desserts since childhood. This dish was usually made by my mom by steaming for about 50 minutes. This is an easy and a yummy recipe which has been adapted to save fuel and time by pressure cooking.
- Prep Time40mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Bread Pudding
- 6 loaves of bread (ladi pav)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons - sugar
- 3 cups - milk
- 4-5 drops - vanilla essence
Steps to make Bread Pudding
- In an aluminium baking tin of 5 inch diameter, take 1 tbs sugar and heat on the stove till the sugar melts.
- Keep heating till the sugar gets caramelized (it will become brown in colour) Spread it all over the bottom of the tin. Let it cool.
- Remove the top crust of the bread and tear it in small bits.
- In a bowl mix together the milk, egg, remaining sugar, vanilla essence. Soak the bread pieces in this mix for half an hour.
- Mash well with a spoon so that there are no lumps and pour the mix in the prepared tin.
- In a pressure cooker fill about 1 inch water and put the baking tin in it. Cover the tin with a lid and put a heavy weight on top. (a heavy stone works fine)
- Cook till 3 whistles, after that lower the flame and pressure cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Demould and serve chilled.