Tiger prawns in yogurt curry
How to make Coconut Milk
- 250 grams tiger prawns ( tail removed but skin not peeled)
- Paste Ingredients:
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- 1 inch ginger piece grated
- 2 green chilles slit
- 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin and coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 60 ml of creamed coconut or coconut milk
- Other ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 150 ml yoghurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Handful of coriander leaves finely chopped (optional)
- Salt according to taste
- Initially start off by preparing the paste, put the garlic, ginger, black peppercorns, cumin and coriander seeds along with turmeric powder into a grinder and blend roughly.
- Next, pour in the cocount milk/ creamed coconut and blend to form a smooth paste with texture. If this paste is too thick then you can pour in a little water and dilute this mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl, put in the prawns and cover it with this paste nicely. Leave this to marinate for 30-60 minutes or for overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, pour the yoghurt along with the lemon zest and coriander leaves. Stir and combine it well.
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Pour in the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, put in the marinated prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Then, pour in the yogurt mixture, let it simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add salt according to taste and stir.
- Serve hot instantly alongside rice for best taste.