How To Make Instant Kesar Peda
Pedas are very popular Indian sweet dish made of milk and sugar. Pedas are very commonly made during any festivals or celebrations. For this diwali, make these instant Kesar Pedas that takes just 5 minutes to get it done
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time5mins
Key ingredients for Instant Kesar Peda
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Instant Kesar Peda
- Condensed milk – 1 cup
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Ghee/Clarified butter – 2 Tbsp
- Caster Sugar – 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Warm milk – 2 Tbsp
- saffron strands/Kesar – generous pinch
- Cardamom powder – 1 Tbsp
- To Garnish-
- saffron strands
Steps to make Instant Kesar Peda
- First soak saffron strands in warm milk and set it aside.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan on low heat. Once all ghee melts add the condensed milk and mix. Allow it to cook on low heat until condensed milk starts to boil.
- Add milk powder and caster sugar and start stirring constantly and break all the lumps formed.
- You have to continue to cook on low heat and with constant stirring. Make sure to break the lumps completely, else you won't get a smooth finish on pedas.
- When the mixture has thickened, add cardamom powder, saffron infused milk and keep stirring. Now the mixture will start to loosen. Don’t worry it will thicken up again very soon.
- Once the mixture thickens and starts to separate from the sides of the pan, pinch a small ball of the mix and try to roll into a ball(be careful it will be hot and you might burn your finger
- so work carefully and quickly to avoid burning fingers). If you are able to roll into balls and the mixture doesn’t stick to your fingers then it’s ready to be taken off the heat.
- If the mixture sticks to your hand continue to cook for another 2 – 3 minutes. Check again.
- Once the desired consistency is reached, remove the pan from heat and allow it to cool for some time. Then take small balls and roll into pedas shapes. I used peda press molds to get the pattern on pedas.
- if you don’t have peda shape press molds, you simply roll into pedas and stick a small pistachios at the center, that looks very nice too.
- Repeat for all the mixture and garnish or decorate it if desired. That’s it! Delicious instant kesar pedas that looks so cute is all ready to be gobbled. :D ENjoy!