Ingredients to make Banana & Oats Muffin
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar less 2 tblsp
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 70 ml rum/ water
- 1/4 cup almonds slivered/ crushed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
Steps to make Banana & Oats Muffin
- 1. In a bowl mix together yogurt, oats and milk and keep aside. Mash the bananas and keep aside.
- 2, Zap the raisins with some rum/ water in the microwave, keep aside. In a separate bowl beat the egg, add honey and oil to it.
- 3. Measure the whole wheat flour add baking powder, soda, coconut and salt. Add the yogurt oat mix, egg mix and bananas to it. Mix gently with a fork, add the raisins and almonds.
- 4, Stir till it all comes together, do not over mix. Pour into muffin lined tins, and bake at 180 for 24 minutes or until done
My Tip: Don't overmix the batter.