Spiced Creamy Cauliflower Soup (Vegan)
How to make Coconut Milk
- Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Green Onion (Spring Onion) - 10 (chopped)
- Garlic - 4 (roughly chopped)
- Cauliflower - 1 medium (wash and chop florets)
- Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili powder - 1/4 tsp (adjust per taste)
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp (adjust per taste)
- Water - 2 Cups
- Coconut Milk - 1/4 Cup
- First heat the oil in a large pan. Reserve some of the green portion of the spring onion for garnish and add the remaining to the pan.
- Throw in the garlic as well and saute until the garlic just starts to change color.
- Add in the cauliflower florets and give a quick mix.
- Now add all the powders (turmeric, red chilli, coriander, cumin) and salt. Add about 2 Cups of water and stir well.
- Cook covered in medium-low flame until the cauliflower florets are cooked fully for about 30 - 40 mins.
- Turn off the flame and let the cauliflower cool down to room temperature. Once the cauliflower is cool enough, transfer it to a blender/mixie and blend until you get a smooth puree.
- Transfer the cauliflower puree back to the pan along with the coconut milk. Give a quick taste and add salt if needed. Heat the pan in medium flame until the mixture is warm. Turn off the flame immediately.
- Serve hot, optionally with a garnish of spring onion.
My Tip: For added flavor, you can choose to use Vegetable broth instead of water.