Perfect Cappuccino at home!
- Milk - 2 cups
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tsp instant coffee powder (divided in 2)
- Powdered Sugar - 2 tsp
- Additional flavour if using any
- Heat milk in a pan over medium heat. Let the milk simmer until bubbles form around the edges, but don't boil the milk. Remove the pan from heat and set it on a flat surface. Take out 1 cup of milk.
- Whip the remaining milk in the pan with an electric mixer, increasing the speed as the milk begins to thicken. Continue mixing until you get the desired volume of froth.
- In the respective mugs add in the instant coffee powder, powdered sugar and 1 tbsp water each and mix well. Pour half of the hot milk you took out in the first step.
- Add in the froth by a spoon and pour directly from the pan. Garnish with powdered cinnamon or your choice of flavour. Have it hot.
- A classic cappuccino calls for 1/3 espresso, 1/3 steamed milk, and 1/3 foam. You can mix it up by using different kinds of milk like chocolate or vanilla.