Angel Food Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tblsp corn flour
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- First blend the sugar in a mixie until quite fine. Seperate into two halves and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix together 1/2 cup of sugar, flour, corn flour, salt, lemon zest together.
- Whisk together egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff. Add remaining sugar to it and whisk until it is glossy. Add the lemon extract to it.
- Fold in the flour gently. Try to minimize losing the air from the egg. Pour into a prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh fruits.