How to make Idli/Dosa Batter
- 1 1/2 cups rava/semolina
- 1 1/2 cups curd
- 1/2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon roasted cashewnuts/peanuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- salt acc to taste
- 1/4 tsp very finely chopped ginger
- Take a large bowl and add curd and whisk it for 7-8 minutes.Now add rawa to it and mix well.
- Keep stirring the mixture and slowly add water and salt .Mix well and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Now add coriander leaves, ginger, cashews/peanuts and bicarbonate soda and mix lightly.
- Grease the idli moulds with some oil and pour a tablespoon or so of idli batter and place the idli stand in the boiler/cooker.
- Cover the lid and boil for 10-12 minutes, if using pressure cooker then steam without the whistle for same time.Serve hot idlis with sambhar or coconut chutney.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.