Rasgulla | Sweet Cottage Cheese balls in Sugar Syrup
Who don't like and who don't make this one? Everyone right. But this is foolproof recipe as per me to get soft and spongy rasgulla. Well this is not first time I am making this but before that I experiment with Chocolate Rasgulla in Brown Sugar Syrup and Rabdi Rasgulla but never gave you recipe of regular rasgulla. To write down seems like long process but believe me, I was done in less than hour from start to making paneer to put it in sugar syrup
- Prep Time20Minutes
- Cooking Time20Minutes
- 1 cup of fresh paneer
- pinch of saffron - optional
- 1 cup sugar
- 4-5 cups water
- pinch of cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup more sugar
- Take the paneer and add saffron and mix till nice balls form up, just take not more than 15 minutes. Make balls and keep it aside.
- Since I had not much balls, I made very less syrup. but for large quantity you can take 1 cup sugar and 4-5 cups water and boil it with pinch of cardamom powder or just one whole green cardamom.
- Add balls in it , if you have too many balls , make it in batch . After adding balls, just cover it and let it cook for 15 minutes. Take it out and put it in cold water.
- In that leftover syrup, add 1/4 cup more sugar and cup of water and let it boil and make sugar to dissolve.
- Once sugar is dissolve, shut off the gas. Once the syrup is cold, add the balls , after squeezing water , into that syrup.
- Leave it overnight for best result or 2-3 hours in fridge to chill.
- Enjoy it once its chill.