Matar Pulao or Peas Pulao
How to make Ghee
- 1 cup long grained rice
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 two-inch piece of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pepper corns
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups good water
- salt to taste
- a pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1. Wash the rice thoroughly and soak it in two cups of fresh water. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- 2. In a large saucepan that has a lid, add the ghee and warm it through.
- 3. Add the cumin seeds, peppercorns, bay leaf and cinnamon and wait till it splutters. Then add the onions to it.
- 4. Brown the onions slightly and add the peas to it, stir fry till the pea softens
- 5. Add salt and turmeric to it and add all the rice along with the water. Stir once to incorporate all the spices together.
- 6. Turn the gas on low, simmer till the rice is cooked.
- 7. Serve with gravy of your choice
My Tip: Add a pinch of saffron if you're serving fancy people
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.