Coconut Cream Margarita
- Tequila/vodka 1 cup
- Fresh Lemon juice 1/2 cup
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Cointreau 1/4 cup (optional)
- Ice 1 cup
- Coconut cream 1 cup (unsweetened)
- Grated coconut 1/2 cup
- Salt as required
- Chilli flakes two pinches
- Place a non stick pan on a medium flame. Toss in the grated coconut and dry roast it to a golden brown colour. Spread on a plate to cool.
- Choose two cocktail glasses, rub the edges with a slice of lime. Then dip the glasses into a plate of salt and the roasted coconut.
- Add the tequila/vodka, lemon juice, Cointreau, honey and ice into a blender and mix well. Pour into the prepared cocktail glasses.
My Tip: A personal twist to this margarita is with the herbal ' Khus' syrup. The glasses are edged with sugar and freshly grated coconut. Garnished with a lemon rind. Its all in the mind. Make you own flavours but tequila and lemon juice is a must.