How to make Ghee
- Dates - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 and 1/4 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Cashews - 10
- Cardamom/Elachi - 2 nos or 1/4 tsp
- Chop the dates into small pieces roughly. The purpose to chop the dates is to make the grinding easier and smoother. Your mixer blades will not get spoiled.
- Boil the milk and keep the dates soaked in the hot milk till the dates become soft. Allow it to cool.
- Drain and grind the dates, sugar, elachi(cardamom) with little milk which we have used for soaking in a mixer till it becomes a fine paste. There should not be any lumps.
- Pour in milk little by little as and when required. Keep the remaining milk aside. (I had to use all the milk while grinding.)
- Heat a kadai (heavy bottom pan, preferably non stick). Add the entire ground mixture with the remaining milk in the kadai. Stir it continuously.
- Add ghee once the mixture starts thickening. Stir continuously again.
- At one stage, the mixture will start darkening and leaving the sides of the pan. Soon, the mixture will become of halwa consistency.
- Fry 10 broken cashews in a tbsp of ghee till they become golden brown color. Spread the cashews over the halwa.
- Serve it hot for best taste.
My Tip: You can replace sugar with palm candy sugar for a healthier and tasty version.