Caramel Peanuts Topped Brownie Cake
Roasted peanuts is the key ingredient of this cake, this nuts brings a super crunchiness and nuttiness to this fabulous cake. Trust me, this cake makes a excellent dessert after a meal or to celebrate a special day with your loved ones.
- Prep Time15Minutes
- Cooking Time45Minutes
- For Brownies:
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 100 grams Butter
- 200 grams Dark chocolate (chopped)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Light Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- For caramel topping:
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup Fresh cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Peanuts (roasted)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line up a round cake pan with butter and baking paper. Double boil chopped chocolate and butter until both gets melted, let them cool.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs along both the sugars. Add honey, vanilla extract and chocolate sauce into the egg mixture and whisk until everything gets mixed.
- Meanwhile sift flour, baking soda and salt and fold in. Do not over beat. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Now prepare the topping, add sugar and water in a saucepan and place on stove on high flame. Add the light corn syrup.Wait till it comes to a rolling boil and the colour changes to amber.
- Switch off the stove and stay away from the sauce pan, add the cream and it will start to bubble. Now add the butter, mix well. Let it gets thick a bit and then add the peanuts and mix well.
- Switch off stove immediately. Place the cake on the serving plate. Spread the caramelized peanuts on top of the cake. Make sure to add the whole of the topping on top.
- Slice the cake and enjoy.
My Tip: If you want you can make salted caramel sauce just by adding quater spoon of salt in your sauce.