How To Make Nutrela Soya Chana Masala
Chana masala, chole masala, chholay- the most popular vegetarian curry in India. Served with fried or grilled flatbreads or steamed rice
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time22mins
Key ingredients for Nutrela Soya Chana Masala
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Nutrela Soya Chana Masala
- 1 cup soaked kabuli chana (white chick peas)
- 1/2 cup soya chunks (nuggets) , soaked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) 2 tsp oil salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil and salt to taste
- For The Garnish:
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 slit green chilli
Steps to make Nutrela Soya Chana Masala
- Soak the soya nuggets in warm water for 10 minutes, drain well and keep aside.
- Combine the soya nuggets, kabuli chana, turmeric powder, salt and ¾ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside and do not drain the water.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala and dried fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana-soya nugget mixture (along with the water they were cooked in) and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander. Serve with grilled flatbreads or steamed rice