Eggless Mocha Caramel Pudding
- Ingredients For Making Pudding
- Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Gelatin - 2.5 teaspoon(powdered)
- Custard powder - 3 teaspoons
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons
- Instant coffee powder dissolved in little warm water - 1.5 teaspoon
- Ingredients For Making Caramel
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 3 tablespoons
- Instant coffee powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- For Making Caramel : Add sugar and water in a small pan and heat on medium flame until it starts to turn light golden brown. Add coffee powder
- Do not stir. Once the sugar turns a light golden brown swivel the pot a little to let the colour even out.
- Pour immediately directly into a big mould or some small balls and swirl the mould that spreads to fill the base.
- For Making Pudding : Pour the milk into a medium pot and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Let the gelatin soften a little
- Add sugar and custard powder, stir to mix.
- Take 1/4 cup milk and add cocoa powder and instant coffee powder and mix properly with a fork.Then pour this milk to the gelatin mixed milk.
- Add vanilla essence into the milk and mix
- Heat on low flame with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens. Stirring Continuously.
- Pour the milk mixture through a strainer into mould over the hardened caramel and chill in the refrigerator until firm.It will take 3-4 hours.
- How To Unmould : After 3-4hours, take out the pudding from fridge.
- Loosen the sugar with a knife carefully and invert on medium plate.
My Tip: You can use agar agar instead of using gelatine.