How To Make No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Tart
A perfect no bake dessert with goodness of chocolate, lush strawberries and can be made ahead in time for a party. Recipe adapted from Home Cooking Adventure Video.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time5mins
Key ingredients for No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Tart
Ingredients to make No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- 300 grams of oreo cookies of your choice of flavour
- 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 200 ml of heavy cream
- 300 grams of dark chocolate
- fresh strawberries
Steps to make No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Prepare a round or circular tart pan of your choice. I chose round tart pan. Place oreo cookies in the jar of your mixer or processor. Grind them into fine powder. Now add melted butter, and grind them together to make a thick sticky paste.
- Scoop this cookie mixture into the prepared pan. Spread it evenly. Using the back of a spoon, press it down to make a uniform base. Allow it to freeze until you prepare the filling.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl, keep aside. Heat cream in a thick pan on low heat, do not allow it to boil. Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate.
- Allow it to stand for few minutes. Using a spoon or a whisk, stir it gently till the chocolate melts. The heat of the cream will melt the chocolate.
- Pour the ganache over the prepared tart base. Wash and clean fresh strawberries. Press them into the ganache. Allow the tart to set overnight or at least for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and slice it. Enjoy.
My Tip: You can use a mix of sweet and dark chocolate if you like as given in original video. Next time I would prefer slicing the strawberries into halves before placing them on tart.