How To Make Homemade Canape Papdi Chaat
With a variety that is unmatched, eating on the streets is a cultural tradition. Having a party or get together, chaats always are welcomed and most liked dish among youngsters and adults. A very exciting and fun way to eat chaat which is loaded with all the healthy ingredients, Canape papdi chaat with sprouts. This canape chaat makes a great inclusion in your late evening “chaat party”. Not just they are easy to handle and pop into mouth, they can also be made ahead and stored. Impress your guests of all ages with this delicious canape papdi chaat.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time50mins
Ingredients to make Homemade Canape Papdi Chaat
- For the canape
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fine oats flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cooking soda
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- For making chaat:
- 1/2 cup green gram sprouts (moong sprouts, cooked)
- 1/2 cup chickpea sprouts (channa sprouts,cooked)
- 1 Onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 Green chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sev
Steps to make Homemade Canape Papdi Chaat
- First we make the canape papdi. In a bowl sieve to gather besan, oats flour, wheat flour. Add red chili powder, salt, oil, cooking soda and mix until the flour turn to form crumble.
- Now add water little by little, mix well till you get a soft and stiff dough. Cover the dough with damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Now pinch a small portion of the dough, make it into a ball. Sprinkle wheat flour on a clean surface. Place the ball on the surface and roll it as thin as possible.
- Cut out smaller round shapes and place them over a greased tart pans pressing them to the edges. Scrap out the extra dough from the edges of the tart pans. Repeat this step for rest of the dough.
- Pre heat oven at 150 degree centigrade. Place the tart pans in oven and bake the canape papdis until they start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven, let it cool for some time. Then gently pull the canapes out of the tart pan.
- These canape papdi cups can be stored in air tight containers for about a week.
- To make canape chaat, mix all the ingredients mentioned except sev under the list ‘for making chaat’ in a bowl.
- Just before serving spoon in the chaat mix into canape papdi cups. Sprinkle some sev over top and serve immediately. If you prefer you could add some yogurt, green chutney and sweet chutney too.
- If you plan to make these for chaat party, make them ahead and place each ingredient separately. You can involve your guys in making the canape chaat on their own just the way they would prefer!