Paneer Tawa Pulao
Have you ever been to a Pav Bhaji seller ??? If yes, then you might have definitely noticed the vendor making some amazing pulao using the same vegetables and spices of Pav Bhaji. The guy takes merely 5 mins to make this amazing pulao loaded with lots of chopped vegetables. Pav bhaji being a common Mumbai street food, tawa pulao is yet another popular street food that can be found in almost any corner of busy Mumbai lanes.
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time10Minutes
- Cooked rice - 2 cups
- Onion - 1 medium chopped
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrot - 1 diced
- Capsicum - 1 diced
- Peas - 1/2 cup fresh or frozen
- Potato - 1 medium diced
- Tomato - 1 large chopped
- Green chili - 2 slit
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp minced
- Garlic - 1/2 tsp minced
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala - 2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Paneer / Cottage cheese - 100 gms cut into cubes
- Fresh Coriander - for garnish
- Take two cups of left over rice and break lumps with your hands and keep aside. If you don't have left over rice, then you may cook it fresh and spread it on a large tray to avoid getting sticking to each other.
- Heat butter in a wok/ kadhai/ pan and fry the paneer cubes till light golden in color.Transfer them to a kitchen towel and keep aside.
- In the same butter add minced ginger and garlic and fry.
- Now add chopped onions and green chilies and saute them till they turn translucent and the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, capsicum, peas, cabbage and potatoes and along with turmeric powder, red chili powder and pav bhaji masala and fry all together for 2 mins.
- Adjust salt and add the cooked rice & lemon juice and mix all carefully to avoid rice from sticking or breaking.
- Keep shuffling the rice till the masala gets incorporated with it evenly.
- Add chopped coriander and fried paneer chunks into it and give everything a quick toss.
- Serve hot with salad and onion raita!