Haak ka saag | How to make Haak ka saag (9 likes)
- By Bindiya Sharma
Created on 18th Feb 2016
About Haak ka saag
Essentially just lightly braised greens, Kashmiris love their greens… and a complete meal would ideally be a dish of meat, a dish of greens and freshly boiled rice!.I always like to do this at the last minute just before the dinner table is laid, so that the greens are at their freshest and most flavourful.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time5mins
- 1 kg Kashmiri Haak Saag/Spinach greens/kohlrabi greens/collard/kale
- 2 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Salt to taste(keep a light hand)
- 4 whole red chillies(red chilli).
- 1 pinch of hing (asafoetida).
- 2 pinches of meetha soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1 tsp kashmiri garam masala or ½ tsp veri masala
- can add 1 minced green chilli/ ½ tsp chilli flakes if you like it hot.