Eggless Black Forest Cake
- For eggless chocolate cake:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/atta
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon (1 tbsp)
- For the icing:
- 200 ml chilled amul fresh cream
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp chopped red cherries
- 7 to 8 tbsp grated chocolate
- A few whole cherries for decoration
- Grease a round baking pan, preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Seive whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, baking soda in a a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl, take 3/4 cup sugar, add 1 cup of cold water and stir so that the sugar dissolves. Add in the 1/4 cup oil and stir briskly so that everything is mixed well.
- Add in juice of one (1 tbsp) lime followed by 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the sieved dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix everything well so no lumps form in the cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter in the prepared cake pan. bake the cake in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean your cake is ready. Let cool completely.
- When cooled, carefully slice the cake in 3 layers and keep separately.
- Whisk cream and icing sugar till you get stiff peaks. Sprinkle some sugar syrup on the cake evenly(Base layer) and lather on some cream. Sprinkle some chopped cherries and place the second cake layer.
- Repeat again the second layer cake finally top with whipped cream and cover the sides also.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on the side and on the middle of the cake and garnish with whole cherries.