How To Make Pyaaz Ki Kachori
Pyaaz ki Kachori originated in Jodhpur and was soon popular throughout Rajasthan. This is a very popular morning breakfast in many households in Rajasthan. Steaming hot spicy Pyaz ki Kachori, in circular shape are available in maximum namkeen shops of the state. They are a perfect snack on a rainy day. These days you can find this favored Rajasthani snack dish in almost all the parts of North India. Now this Kachori has also become local snack dish of several regions of Indian Subcontinent.
- Prep Time25mins
- Cook Time20mins
Key ingredients for Pyaaz Ki Kachori
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Pyaaz Ki Kachori
- 3 Onions finely Chopped
- 1.5 Cup Maida
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp Sizzling hot Oil
- 1/4 tsp Hing/Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Kalonji / Nigella Seeds
- Oil for frying
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Amchur / Dried Mango Powder
- 1/2 tsp Saunf / Fennel seeds Coarsely crushed
- 1 tsp Black peppercorn, crushed coarsely
- A pinch of baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Few sprigs of fresh Coriander, finely chopped
Steps to make Pyaaz Ki Kachori
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp of oil, add asafoetida and saute it for a few seconds. Add in the cumin seeds and saute till it becomes brown. Now put in the ginger and garlic paste, red chilli powder, onions and saute till the onion turns slightly brown.
- Add the amchur powder, coarsely crushed fennel seeds, kalonji, coriander powder, black peppercorns crushed and garam masala. Mix it well. Lastly add the kasuri methi, chopped fresh coriander and mix it again to blend well.
- Allow this mixture to cool and add the salt just before stuffing it.
- Sieve the maida, wheat flour and baking soda into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the sizzling hot oil and salt. Mix it well with a spoon. Be careful as the oil is very hot. Now add sufficient water and knead to make a dough.
- Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel for about 20 mins. Grease your palms and make small balls of the dough.
- Flatten the balls slightly and shape into small katoris/cups with your fingers. Place some of the onion mixture in the centre and gather all the edges and seal.
- Deep fry these kachoris in hot oil until all the sides turn golden brown in colour. Place them on paper napkins to absorb the excess oil .
- Serve hot with fried green chillies and green chutney/ tamarind chutney/ chilli sauce.