Methi Paratha Recipe
How to make Ghee
- 3 cups atta/wheat flour
- 3 cups chopped methi/fenugreek leaves
- 2 tsp green chilli garlic paste
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil/ghee for roasting the paratha
- Separate methi leaves from the steam, clean with water and dry them. Chop the leaves and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add wheat, salt, chopped methi leaves, chilli garlic paste and oil. Slowly add water and make soft dough. (Be careful while adding water as fenugreek/methi leaves also releases some water.)
- Divide the dough into equal parts and start rolling like regular rotis or flat breads.
- Heat the tawa, place the paratha on it and cook on both sides till golden brown on medium high flame. Apply oil as you roast.
- Serve hot with achar/pickle or dahi. These parathas taste great even with tomato ketchup.