How To Make Amritsari Pedewali Meethi Lassi Shots
A refreshing yogurt based sweet coolant drink churned with fresh malai pedas, flavoured with green cardamom powder and garnished with slivered pistachio nuts, almonds and broiled saffron.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time0mins
Ingredients to make Amritsari Pedewali Meethi Lassi Shots
- Servings- 04. Shot glasses of 60 ml each and Chilling time in refrigerator- 15 minutes
- Yogurt, chilled- 200 ml
- Sugar- 50 gm. / to taste
- Malai peda-02 nos.
- Cardamom powder- ¼ th tsp.
- Pistachio nuts, coarsely ground-04 nos.
- Almonds, coarsely ground-04 nos.
- Milk, chilled-30 ml
- Fresh cream, thick, chilled-15 ml
- Ice cubes- 04 small cubes / if required
- For garnishing / topping:
- Malai pedas, grated- 02 nos.
- Pistachio nuts, blanched, peeled & slivered- 04 nos.
- Almonds, slivered- 04 nos.
- Saffron broiled- ½ gm
Steps to make Amritsari Pedewali Meethi Lassi Shots
- Blend together yogurt and sugar with a hand blender.
- Add malai peda and ice cubes and blend further for some time.
- If the mixture is too thick add a little milk and adjust consistency and blend once more.
- Add coarsely ground almonds, pistachio nuts and cardamom powder and mix thoroughly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Pour into shot glasses from a height so as to form a foam.
- For Serving: Serve chilled in shot glasses, topped with fresh cream (thick) /malai, grated malai peda, slivered almonds, pistachio nuts and broiled saffron.
My Tip: Chefs Tip: 1. Punjabis relish this refreshing coolant drink in a much larger quantity i.e. in a Kangni- wala glass / Kade-wala glass. Increase the quantities of the ingredients to make the same but the recipe remains the same.