How To Make Panforte di siena (Italian Dry Fruit Cake)
A very rich Italian snack/dessert that is an ideal festive treat. A really wonderful change from those dryfruit mawa sweets.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time40mins
Ingredients to make Panforte di siena (Italian Dry Fruit Cake)
- 150 gms Almonds
- 75 gms Pistachios
- 75 gms Dried Fig
- 75 gms flour
- 30 gms cocoa powder
- Few cloves 3
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- Small piece of Nutmeg
- 2 pinches of White and Black pepper each
- 150 gms sugar
- 150 gms honey
- 35 grams butter
- Icing Sugar
Steps to make Panforte di siena (Italian Dry Fruit Cake)
- Preheat the oven at 150 degree centigrade.
- Mix all the dry fruit nuts together, keep aside.
- Mix all the spices and grind well to get a smooth powder.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, coco powder, spices and mix in the nuts. Set aside.
- Gently heat the sugar, honey and butter in a pan (let the sugar dissolve) and let it cook on higher heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Quickly mix the syrup through the dry mix, scoop in a square tin (covered with parchment paper) and press slightly with a spatula.
- Let it bake in the oven for 40 minutes and let it cool down in the tin. Cut into smaller squares, be careful as it requires some force.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve!