Cheesy Idly Sandwich
Kids love sandwich, so I thought of presenting idly in a sandwich form to that of cheese. Today I prepared idly in a thali and cut them into big squares. Kids always want something different, they are more excited to try the same thing presented in a different manner.
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
- 2 big square idly
- 8 medium sized cheese slices (2 for each sandwich)
- 1 tsp mixed herb
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp sambaar powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin and red chili flakes
- 1 tsp+1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp utter
- Salt to taste
- For garnishing:
- 1 toothpick
- Cut the big square idlys into half horizontally.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil.
- When the butter melts put sambaar powder and spread this mixture onto the idly from both the sides. Roast it from both sides to get the colour golden brown and make it a little crispy.
- Now take the cheese slices and cut half of this as small stripes to get a pattern. Sprinkle cumin and red chili flakes on it.
- In another pan, heat 1 tsp oil and add all the vegetables.
- Saute for 3 mins and add the rest of the spices with the sauce. Put one idly bread on this and arrange the cheese slices at both ends.
- Top this with the sauteed veg mixture, on this keep another idly bread a little diagonally so that the stuffing is visible.
- Insert a tooth pick with cherry for garnishing.
- Serve this yummy sandwich instantly.
My Tip: You can add any cooking grated cheese as well if cheese slices are not available. For a healthier version add some grated paneer.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.