How To Make Hyderabadi Murgh Dum Biryani
There is 'War of Titans ' and then there is ' WAR OF CUISINE '. Actually this war is inevitable and quite justified since Biryani from Hyderabad and Biryani from Lucknow are quite dominant in Biryani world.
- Prep Time30mins
- Cook Time40mins
Key ingredients for Hyderabadi Murgh Dum Biryani
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Hyderabadi Murgh Dum Biryani
- 1 Kg chicken; with bones
- 1 kg Basmati Biryani Rice
- 1/2 kg. Onions 'slices; deep fried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Jeera/cumin seeds
- 4 Onions' slices
- 1/2 cup Mint, chopped
- 1 / 2 cup Coriander leaves, chopped
- Few strands of Saffron
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- Few drops of Rose water
- 2-3 Cloves
- 2-3 Green cardamom
- For marination : 1/2 kg. Yogurt, whisked
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Degi Mirch /Kashmiri Red chili powder
- 1 tsp. Haldi powder /Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1 tsp. Chicken masala
- 1/2 tsp Grated nutmeg
- 1 / 2 tsp mace powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
Steps to make Hyderabadi Murgh Dum Biryani
- 1: Soak rice in water for half an hour.
- 2: Clean and wash Chicken pieces.
- 3: Marinate chicken pieces in yogurt and spices mentioned under marination for atleast 2 hours.
- 4. Deep fry onion slices.
- 5: Soak saffron in warm milk and keep it aside.
- 6: Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel.
- 7 : Add 1 Bay leaf , 1 cinnamon stick 1 tsp Jeera/cumin seeds
- 8: When it crackles, add onion slices and cook them till they are golden brown in color.
- 9:Now add chicken pieces and saute till half cooked.
- 10. Boil rice in salted water along with cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom.
- 11.Remove from flame and strain when they are 3/4 done. Fluff them a little.
- 12: In a thick bottomed vessel, spread a layer of chicken with its gravy, then a layer of rice.Sprinkle rose water, saffron milk, 1 / 2 of fried onions, Mint and coriander.
- 13: Again repeat with rest of the rice and chicken.
- 14: Cover it tightly with the lid and seal it with wheat dough.
- 15: Place it on hot tawa/griddle and cook on slow flame/dum for 15 minutes.
- 16: Let it be there for 10 minutes and then remove the lid.
- 17: Serve with gravy and onion rings.