Veg Version Of Galauti/Galawati Kabab
How to make Garam Masala
- 4 cups of cubed Jackfruit
- 1/2 cup of Bengal gram lentils/
- chana daal soaked in water for half an hour
- 1tsp Oil
- 5-6 Green chilies (mine were not very spicy)
- 4-5 Garlic cloves use thick ones
- 1-1/2 ” piece Ginger
- 1 tsp. freshly pounded Cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1-1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- more Oil for shallow frying
- Add jackfruit and lentils to pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Wait till the pressure settles down. Cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes until water gets completely absorbed.
- In a pan add teaspoon of oil and fry green chilies, garlic and ginger. Grind these upon cooling. Grind cooked jack fruit and lentils to thick paste.
- Add ginger-garlic-chili paste to this along with cardamom powder, garam masala and red chili powder. Grind until smooth.
- If you feel the mixture is hard, add water to soften it. Season with salt. Combine and divide the mixture into 25 equal portions. Flatten and shape them into a patty.
- Add 2 tbsp. of oil to a non-stick pan and place 4-5 patties depending on size of the pan. By gently flipping, cook on medium flame until they turn nice brown on both the sides.
- Carefully handle while flipping as these kebabs are remarkably soft and get broken easily.
My Tip: Serve hot with green chutney mixed with curds, onion slices and lemon slice.