- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large onion chopped 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp of fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seed paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil/ vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tsp shredded and peeled ginger
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1. Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- 2. Boil the soaked chickpeas for about 10 mins. Then simmer for an hour.
- 3. Mash the boiled chickpeas and mix the onion, garlic, ginger, sesame seed paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, flour, salt, pepper.
- 4. Blend it in a food processor, add bread crumbs to hold the mixture and to soak any extra moisture. Add the coriander.
- 5. Make small balls of the mixture and slightly flatten them.
- 6. Heat oil in pan, fry the balls until crisp and golden brown.
- 7. Serve with pitas, bread or burger. Garnish with coriander leaves.
My Tip: Tzatziki is a great accompaniment with this.