How To Make Stuffed Onion Paratha
These mini parathas are perfect to serve for breakfast, brunch or as a picnic snack. I really like the way the onions in these parathas get cooked, which is soft and yet crunchy.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time25mins
Key ingredients for Stuffed Onion Paratha
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Stuffed Onion Paratha
- 2 cups of Wheat Flour / Atta
- Salt to taste
- Water as required to knead the dough
- Oil / Ghee as reqired to cook the Parathas
- 1 Onion chopped finely
- 1 Green Chilli chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Äµ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Äµ teaspoon Dry mango powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
Steps to make Stuffed Onion Paratha
- Take a bowl add in the ingredients, flour, salt and mix well. Next put in required water and make a soft dough.
- Once the desired result is achieved, apply some oil on the dough and store it aside.
- Next chop the onion and mix in the ingredients, salt, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, green chilli, coriander seed and dry mango powder.
- Now divide the dough into equal portions, make tennis size balls of the dough and flatten it out. Put some filling of the mixture in the centre of the dough ball and seal it from all sides.
- Take the stuffed dough balls, gently roll them one by one with the help of a rolling pin to make slightly thick parathas.
- Heat a tawa/pan and cook the parathas till the bubbles appear on one side. Flip the paratha and apply some ghee, let this cook for a minute. Flip once again and apply the ghee on the other side and let it cook.
- Make sure to press the parathas with a spatula till it forms a golden colour.
- Serve hot with freshly made raita or any pickle of your choice.
My Tip: Don't try to roll the parthas too much or else the filling will leak out.