How To Make Kothalor Chakoi/Jackfruit seeds curry
A delicious dish from Tripura. Chakoi, a simple curry made of lentils and any other veggies. This dish is called khar in assamese and Ooti in Manipur.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Kothalor Chakoi/Jackfruit seeds curry
- 10 nos jackfruit seeds/kothalor
- 1 cup yellow peas/matara
- 2 green chilies (not added in the original recipe)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp shredded ginger
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Kothalor Chakoi/Jackfruit seeds curry
- Peel the white skin of jackfruit seeds. Pressure cook they yellow peas and jackfruit seeds along with baking soda and salt with enough water for 3 whistles or until its soft.
- Heat oil in kadai, splutter the mustard seeds, add the slited green chilies, chopped garlic, ginger and saute for a 2-3 minutes. Next add the pressure cooked jackfruit seeds and yellow peas, mix it together and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Let this simmer on the stove for 10 minutes. Take it off the heat and serve it along with rice.