Guilt free Coconut and Dates Barfi
I try to make use of dates in most of my recipes, because they are rich in calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorus, copper, manganese and many more. They help in constipation problems, bone problems, Anemia etc. So, instead of plain refined sugar which has no health benefits, why not substitute it with dates in your desserts ? Today, I have prepared coconut dates burfi which is quite easy to prepare and tastes yum. Doesn’t require much time to prepare. You just have to make almonds powder and mix it with homemade sauteed dates paste. Add some dry desiccated coconut and done. Press it on a plate, give desired cuts and enjoy. Prepare this sweet and enjoy whenever you crave for sweets. If you love hot and spicy Indian food, then you won’t regret munching this delicious sweet right after.
- Prep Time20Minutes
- Cooking Time10Minutes
How to make Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Almond Powder
- 15-20 Seedless Dates
- 3/4 Cup Dry Desiccated Coconut + little extra for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee/Clarified butter+little extra for greasing plate
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Grease your plate or pan where you will be removing your barfi dough to cut into shapes. Make almond powder. I prepared the powder at home in the grinder, you can also use store bought one.
- Using 3 tablespoons milk, make a thick puree of Dates.
- Heat a tablespoon ghee in a saucepan kept on medium high and once the ghee melts, add dates puree. Saute it for about 5 minutes. Add almonds powder and mix well. It should form a nice and dry dough.
- Add Coconut and mix well for about 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder and mix.
- Remove from heat and pour this barfi mixture on a greased plate or pan. Press and spread it well with spoon. Sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top for garnishing and press with your palm. Give the cuts using knife.
- Don’t remove the pieces , let them cool completely and then remove the pieces out and serve.