Avocado and Coconut No-Churn Ice cream
I love Avocados. I think avocados are one of the perfect fruit for ‘ice cream’ as they are so creamy. I love its beautiful green colour. For those who didn’t know, Avocados are beneficial to health because of it’s excellent source of vitamins, such as E and K and many minerals, like potassium and magnesium. Its a delicious 'No Churn' and 'No Egg' Ice-cream.
- Prep Time8Hours
- Cooking Time10Minutes
How to make Coconut Milk
- 3 medium Ripe Avocados
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Desiccated Coconut
- 2 cup Thick Cream
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh out and put in a blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut milk, cream, sugar, lemon juice, sea salt and puree until its completely smooth.
- Add desiccated coconut and mix well using the spatula until its fully combined.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture into a chilled air tight container and let it freeze for an hour.
- After an hour, remove the container from the freezer and stir vigorously with a hand blender or fork. Really beat it up and break up any frozen sections. Return it to the freezer.
- Repeat this step again after 2 hours twice. And, let its freeze over night or at least 6 hours.
- Serve scoops garnished with toasted coconut.
My Tip: Recipe Courtesy: I came across this amazing recipe from David Lebovitz’s website, http://www.davidlebovitz.com/. And its modified a bit as required.