Mango, Tofu and Coconut Curry
Tofu, Mango and Coconut Curry, it's vegan, creamy and mild, so ticks all of your boxes ! It was tangy, mildly sweet and very light. Each mouth full tasted better than the last and the amazing taste surprised us all. The tofu absorbed the flavours really well.
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time30Minutes
How to make Coconut Milk
- 1 packet of firm tofu ( 396g)
- 1 x 230 g spicy mango chutney
- 1 x 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- handful of fresh curry leaves
- Remove tofu from the packaging and drain all the water. Keep tofu in kitchen paper and put something heavy so all the water comes out. ( for 20-25 minutes )
- Cut into large cubes. Heat one tablespoon oil, add the cut tofu and cook until golden all over.Remove from the pan and leave it aside.
- In the same pan add onion and saute for 3-4 minutes. Now stir in crushed garlic and chilli flakes.After 30 seconds add just half the mango chutney to the pan and mix well.
- Add coconut milk, and fried tofu. Bring it to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes.Stir in little more chutney ( we did not ) if needed and add salt.
- Mix well.Heat remaining oil in a small pan, add the curry leaves and fry for 30 seconds or until crisps.Serve hot curry in a bowl, arrange fried curry leaves on top and sprinkle chilli flakes if you like.Serve with piping hot plain basmati
My Tip: You can replace the tofu with Paneer.