Chandrakala | How to make Chandrakala
Chandrakala is an authentic, traditional and delicious Indian Sweet, we all may have heard the names- Launglata and Chandrakala, these beauties are sisters as the recipe and procedure for both the sweets is same, just the presentation is a bit different. I had learn this amazing delicacy from my "Mamiji"(Wife of mom's brother) who is an expert in traditional cooking, especially desserts.
The delicious and mouthwatering Chandrakala is enjoyed by all. This dish is often prepared for special occasions including parties or festivals. Chandrakala is a good option when you want to cook something different . It is an amazing dish which is liked by people of all age groups. The flavourful ingredients are the key to the amazing taste of Chandrakala. Dipti Saraf shared Chandrakala recipe which can serve 8 people. The step by step process with pictures will help you learn how to make the delicious Chandrakala. Try this delicious Chandrakala recipe at home and surprise your family and friends. You can connect with the Dipti Saraf of Chandrakala by commenting on the page. In case you have any questions around the ingredients or cooking process. The Chandrakala can also be given a rating. The "What's cooking" feature can be used to share your experience when you make Chandrakala with other users
Ingredients to make Chandrakala
- Khoa or reduced milk 200 gms
- Sooji or Semolina 2 tbsps (Dry roast in a kadai)
- Sugar 2 tsps (ground) this will be used for preparing the filling
- Sugar 1 cup this will be used for making Chashni
- Refined flour or maida 1 cup
- Ghee/Refined Oil 1 tbsp (for dough) + about 2 cups (for frying)
- Dry Fruits chopped- A fistful (Chironji,Cashew,Almonds,Pistachios,Etc)
- Luke warm water - as required for kneading the dough and also for Chashni 1/2 cup
- Silver Leaves - a few for decoration(optional)
- Cardamom powder-1tsp
How to make Chandrakala
My Tip:Putting few strands of saffron/Kesar in the sugar emulsion while it is boiling, enhances the aroma and flavour.