How To Make Mango Feta Insalata on skewers
Inspired by the classic Italian tomato and fresh Mozzarella insalata but this recipe combines the juicy sweet mangoes with soft salty feta with a drizzle of a simple dressing
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time0mins
Ingredients to make Mango Feta Insalata on skewers
- 3 large mangoes
- 400 gm feta cheese
- 2 dozen basil leaves or basil micro greens
- 1 tbsp lime juice mixed with 1 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp black salt for dressing
Steps to make Mango Feta Insalata on skewers
- Peel the mangoes and make 48 neat squares using a sharp knife.
- Cut the feta cheese into 24 squares similar to the size of mango squares.
- Now arrange the salad skewers by placing one square of mango, one feta in the middle and another mango piece on top. Secure with the skewer and place a basil leaf on top. Repeat to make more such skewers.
- Drizzle the lime dressing equally on all the skewers and serve chilled.
My Tip: Keep the mangoes and feta chilled and arrange the salad quickly so it is chilled when served. The dressing can be replaced with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar if you wish.