How to make Garam Masala
Homemade Short Crust Pastry
- Potato - 1 medium boiled and diced
- Mixed Vegetables - 1cup (I used frozen mix veggies with corn carrot green beans peas and corn)
- Onion - 1 small finely chopped
- Green chili - 1 finely chopped
- Ginger and garlic paste - ½ tsp
- Red Chili powder - ½ tsp (add more for a spicy curry)
- Garam Masala - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro - 1tbsp finely chopped
- Puff pastry - 1 sheet thawed as per package instructions
- Preheat the oven to 232 degree celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep ready.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the onions, green chili and ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook till the onions turn translucent and become slightly brown around the edges, this could take about 4~6 minutes.
- Next add in the mixed veggies and potato. Mix well and cook it covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the red chili powder, salt and garam masala. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the chopped cilantro. Let the curry cool for 5~10 minutes.
- In the meantime, roll the puff pastry out slightly. Then cut it into 2 halves and then each half into thirds to make 6 puff pastry rectangles.
- Place 1~2 tbsp of the curry on one half of the rectangle. Brush some water along the corner of the puff pastry and pull the pastry over the curry to cover it completely.
- Pinch the edges to seal. You can use a fork to pinch the edges even more.
- Repeat this process with the remaining pastry. Place the filled pastries on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake these puffs in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with ketchup and a cup of tea.
My Tip: These puffs can be filled with any of your favorite stuffing or curry.