Jaffa Cakes | How to make Jaffa Cakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Jaffa Cakes
Jaffa Cakes are quintessentially British and were launched by McVitie and Price in 1927. These ‘cakes’ are also often called as biscuits, due to their biscuit-like appearance and have long since been a part of the “biscuit or cake?” debate. Comprising of three layers; a Genoise sponge, an orange jam or jelly and a topping of chocolate, Jaffa Cakes were named after the seedless Jaffa oranges.
Jaffa Cakes, a deliciously finger licking recipe to treat your family and friends. This recipe of Jaffa Cakes by Trisha Rudra will definitely help you in its preparation. The Jaffa Cakes can be prepared within 1440 minutes. The time taken for cooking Jaffa Cakes is 10 minutes. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish tastes superb! This recipe is appropriate to serve 4 people. The recipe details out how to make Jaffa Cakes step by step. The detailed explanation makes Jaffa Cakes so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. The recipe for Jaffa Cakes can be tweaked in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe of Jaffa Cakes from BetterButter.
Ingredients to make Jaffa Cakes
- Eggs – 2 large (Free-range)
- Castor sugar – 50 gm
- Plain flour, sieved – 50 gm
- Orange jelly – About 1/2 a packet of jelly crystals or a pack of 135 gm readymade orange jelly, chopped (I used 1/2 a packet of Weikfield jelly crystals)
- Orange marmalad – 1 tbsp OR Orange juice
- Boiling water – 120 ml to dissolve and set the jelly
- For the topping: Dark chocolate, minimum 55% to 70% cocoa solids – 200 gm, broken into pieces