Caramel Bread Pudding with Irish Cream
- 4-5 bread slices cut into half
- 2 cups Milk
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp baileys Irish cream
- 2 Eggs
- Orange zest
- Few raisins and cashews
- For the caramel -
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and nutmeg powder
- Heat milk in a pan and add the sugar and keep stirring till it melts. Keep aside till it comes to room temperature.
- Now in a bowl whisk the eggs and pour the milk slowly and continue to whisk. Now add the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and Baileys to it.
- Take bread slices and butter them on both sides. Now arrange the bread in an oven proof dish and pour the egg milk mixture over the bread. Keep it in the fridge for half an hour. Take it out of the oven 10 mins before baking.
- Now make the caramel by melting sugar and water.
- Pour the caramel on top of the soaked bread. Sprinkle the nuts and raisins and Orange zest.
- Now bake in a pre heated oven for approx 20 mins or till the top is nicely browned.
My Tip: Before baking just spread some butter on top to get a delicious crust.