How To Make Kashmiri Chaman / Kashmiri Paneer
Kashmiri chaman is a simple panner based dish from Kashmir. It is very easy to make and tasty.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Key ingredients for Kashmiri Chaman / Kashmiri Paneer
How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Kashmiri Chaman / Kashmiri Paneer
- paneer - 250 gms
- chili powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- ginger paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- asafoetida powder - a pinch
- coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- salt - to taste
- coriander leaves - 1 teaspoon
- oil / ghee - 2 tablespoon
Steps to make Kashmiri Chaman / Kashmiri Paneer
- Cut paneer into 1-inch cubes and keep it aside.
- In a pan / skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee oil. When ghee is hot enough, add paneer pieces and fry for about 5 minutes or until it becomes golden brown
- In a bowl, mix together, paneer pieces, chili powder, ginger paste, hing / asafoetida powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Keep it aside
- Heat the remaining ghee / oil in another pan. Add the coated paneer pieces and add 3/4 cup of water.
- Simmer and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. When the paneer is cooked well, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with jeera rice, chapati, roti along with dal curry.