Kobbari garelu / Coconut fritters !!
Kobbari garelu is an authentic recipe of our telangana households that i adapted from my Mom !! It is super delicious with suttle flavour of coconut and cilantro , crushed green chilli blends so well with the rice flour giving it that natural taste without any spicy masala's ... Serves great for breakfast and brunch !!
- Prep Time30Minutes
- Cooking Time30Minutes
- 2 cups : Rice flour
- 1 cup : Fresh Coconut , ground
- 6 to 8 nos : Green chillies ground into paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp : Cumin seeds
- Few sprigs of finely chopped cilantro/ Coriander
- Pipingly hot water as needed
- Oil for Deep frying
- In a deep bowl add all the ingredients except water. Stir well. Now add the hot water slowly, little at a time and knead into a dough using a wooden spoon.
- The dough has to just come together. Do not add more water, if the dough is soft it gets difficult to pat and lift. Once kneaded, cover the dough and set aside for 15 to 20 mins.
- Start heating up the oil for deep frying in a pan or a kadai. For the rolling : Apply a little bit of oil over the ziplock. Take a ball sized dough and pat into disc with your fingers over the greased ziplock and make a hole in the centre with your finger.
- Now slowly lift this disc and drop into the hot oil along the edges of the pan/ kadai (be careful as oil might spill)
- Fry this on medium heat until the edges turn golden. Now drain this onto a paper towel.
- Serve hot with yoghurt, pickle etc, tastes great as it is too !!
- Just right amount of spice , suttle coconut flavour , slightly crunchy edges with soft centres. All in all a perfect breakfast or brunch dish. Make and enjoy with your family and friends. We love it hope you will love it too !!
My Tip: Do not add more water while kneading. if the dough is soft it gets difficult to pat and lift ...